Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Psychiatry Residency Program Director
Penn Highlands Healthcare
Responsibilities of the Program Director include:
• Dedicate no less than 50% (at least 20 hours per week) of total professional effort to the administrative and educational activities of the Psychiatry educational program.
• Organize and direct the Psychiatry Residency Program, including the organization of rotations and other educational activities
at all clinical sites that participate in the program. This includes ensuring the quality of didactic and clinical education in all sites that participate in the program.
• Be available and accessible to residents at the primary teaching site(s).
• Oversee development of an effective resident advising program.
• Ensure that the program does not place excessive reliance on residents for service as opposed to education.
• Maintain active clinical practice in Psychiatry.
• Recruit and select candidates for the residency program through the National Residency Matching Program.
• Provide accurate statistical and narrative information in accordance with the requirements of the ACGME and the ACGME’s Review Committee for Psychiatry. This includes but is not limited to submitting program application forms and annual program updates to the ACGME.
• Submit reports on program, faculty, and fellow performance to the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) as requested by the Chair of the GMEC.
• Ensure the implementation of policies and procedures consistent with the institutional and program requirements.
This position is ideal for a creative, motivated individual working to develop leadership and administrative skills to pursue a career in academic medicine. The Program Director will have the opportunity to design and shape a residency program at a new 125-bed behavioral health hospital. The Program Director has
ultimate authority for program organization, operation, and general administration. The Program Director defines the strategic direction of the program and is responsible for establishing its standards, quality and reputation. The Program Director is expected to integrate the Psychiatry Residency Program with physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality and promotes an optimal environment for professional practice and medical education.
Residency Program Director Criteria
• ABPN / AOBNP board certified
• At least three years of educational and administrative experience
• Prior GME experience preferred
• Executive or administrative experience preferred
• Strong clinical and communication skills, team mentality and an innovative approach to medical education
Randy L. Keister, MBA