Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
FM Residency Program Director
Carle Physician Group
Based in Urbana, Illinois, Carle is a vertically integrated health system serving more than 1.4 million people in 14 communities across east central Illinois. Named one of America's 50 Best Hospitals in 2019 by Healthgrades, the 433-bed regional hospital is home to the areas only Level I Trauma Center and
Level III Perinatal Services. Carle Physician Group is physician-led and includes more than 500 doctors and 250 Advanced Practice Providers in 80 specialties and subspecialties providing patient-focused, world-class care. Carle has also partnered with the University of Illinois to create the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
Opportunity details include:
Carle’s Graduate Medical Education department is seeking a program director to lead our established Family Medicine Residency program.
• Join an established, growing program with initial accreditation through ACGME and a history of AOA accreditation.
• Six residents per class year with 100% board passage rate over the last 5 years.
• This unique and highly visible position, reports to the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) with additional reporting relationship to the Associate Chief Medical Officer of Primary Care.
• Residency Program is closely integrated with Carle’s primary care service line as well as the robust institutional population health and ACO activities.
• Program Director will have dedicated time for administrative, educational, strategic, research initiatives and provide oversight of the Family Medicine Residency program. In addition, the Program Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to lead the residency program; approximately 60% administrative and 40% clinical.
• Carle Foundation Hospital, a Magnet designated facility and sophisticated tertiary referral center for the region with strengths in emergency medicine/trauma, obstetrics, and pediatric subspecialties, serves as the exclusive site for clinical training.
• With over 20 years of GME, our institution has five high-quality, fully accredited residency training programs.
• Engaged core group of clinical providers including 21 board certified Family Medicine physicians and one advanced practice provider.
• Medical Student teaching and research opportunities available with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine.
• Preferred candidate must be board certified in Family Medicine.
• Minimum of 3 years faculty teaching experience with Family Medicine Residency required; academic leadership experience serving in assistant/associate or program director role preferred.
• Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer-reviewed funding, publication of original research or review
articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publications or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees and/or educational organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
In addition to a competitive salary based on training and experience, we offer a number of appealing benefits such as:
• Health, dental and life insurance
• Vacation and meeting time
• Prospective appointment with CICOM
• Retirement plan
• Sign on bonus and relocation allowance
Nearly equidistant to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis, Champaign-Urbana is home to the 150-year-old University of Illinois. As a “micro-urban” community, C-U combines the best of city amenities, from dining to the arts, with a more laid back, college-town atmosphere. Carle is the second-largest employer in Champaign County.
Melissa Emkes, Manager – Provider Services