Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Open Rank Professor and Program Director
FSU College of Medicine
Cape Coral, FL
The Program Director will be responsible for all aspects and administration of the Florida State University College of Medicine Internal Medicine Program at Cape Coral Hospital. This individual will oversee the development of the program, including completion and submission of the new program application to the Internal Medicine Review Committee
of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
This position is responsible for administering and maintaining an educational environment conducive to educating the residents in each of the ACGME competency areas. All compliance with the sponsoring institution’s written policies and procedures and those required by the ACGME will be the Director’s responsibility, including those specified in the Institutional Requirements for selection, evaluation, and promotion of residents, disciplinary action, and supervision of residents. Knowledge and familiarity with ACGME and Review Committee policies and procedures as outlined in the ACGME Manual of Policies and Procedures, and Cape Coral Hospital/Lee Health staff policies and procedures will be expected.
The position will have an academic appointment in the Florida State University College of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine and Rural Health.
The position will report to the FSU COM’s Designated Institutional Officer and Orlando Campus Regional Dean, Joan Meek, MD, who will be based at the COM campus in Orlando. Academic rank will be commensurate with the individual’s experience and quality of scholarly achievements. The Director will be employed by Florida State University. A matrixed relationship with the administration at Cape Coral Hospital and Lee Health will need to be managed through superb communication and interpersonal skills.
MD or DO degree with current board certification and participation in maintenance of certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Ostopathic Board of Internal Medicine.
• Specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative experience acceptable to the ACGME Internal Medicine Review Committee.
• Demonstrated excellence in
an overall mix of skills including clinical care, clinical teaching, and scholarly activity that advance clinical medicine and institutional service.
• The ability to define and articulate a vision for the Program that complements the mission and vision of the Florida State University College of Medicine, Cape Coral Hospital, and Lee Health.
• Demonstrated leadership in curriculum development, evaluation methodology, teaching, and mentoring residents.
• Demonstrated scholarly academic achievement that has led to publications in peer reviewed journals.
• Possession of or eligibility for licensure in the State of Florida and a federal DEA certificate.
• An understanding of the need to market to all constituencies by providing service excellence and quality.
Connie Donohoe, MPH, C-TAGME