Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Training Program Administrator
This position affords a talented individual the opportunity for professional development to lead and manage the daily operations of the residency/fellowship program ensuring the successful implementation of program objectives. Working as part of the administrative program leadership team, the candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development of program
policies, procedures and system processes that are compliant with ACGME guidelines, maintaining databases, recruiting residents, and promoting effective working relationships with faculty and residents.
The Training Program Administrator (TPA) supports the Program Director with developing and maintaining the educational quality of the training program. The TPA is responsible for compliance of guidelines and policies issued by the Office of Academic Affairs, GMEC, Resident Review Committee (RRC), and Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), State Medical Board, and other regulatory agencies.
•Works closely with program director, associate program directors, other faculty and institutional officials to provide administrative and logistical coordination of all aspects of medical education programming in the department.
•Identifies opportunities to improve deficiencies, develop and implement pragmatic solutions, program-specific policies and procedures that improve workflow and optimize resources.
•Monitors medical specialty boards pass rates for graduates; Monitors and analyzes data to determine compliance with ACGME requirements and IPRO standards.
•Manages and maintains program data in New Innovations software, including schedules, conferences, and evaluations; Monitors and tracks resident time and reports attendance in Kronos.
•Prepares and coordinates materials and resources for ACGME site visit reviews. Reviews and assesses current program and institutional requirements for the program; monitors requirements for updates; assists Program Director in implementation; completes all required updates on the ACGME website.
•Monitors resident compliance with completion of ACGME surveys to ensure required compliance rate is reached.
•Coordinates and facilitates scheduled meetings with faculty, residents, and site directors regarding the program including Clinical Competency Committee, and the Annual Program Evaluation.
•Ensures that Program Letters of Agreement are in place for every rotation site and are kept current.
•Prepares, monitors and maintains program manuals, reports and resident files, procedure logs.
•Documents verification of training for each trainee as per the requirements of each specialty board.
•Maintains on-going communications with Office of Academic Affairs regarding accreditation requirements for the trainees and program.
•Assists the program director with organizing and gathering required documentation for completing ACGME self-study and site visits.
•Participates on Program Evaluation Committee (PEC) and ensures required documents are available for committee to function.
•Prepares, monitors and disseminates faculty and resident rotations, on-call coverage, work hours and vacation schedules using New Innovations software.
•Collaborates with the Office of Academic Affairs.
(OAA)/Medical Education Office and Finance to reconcile attendance records; Prepares FTE budget for Finance. Participates in annual budget planning for the program; monitors and tracks the budget throughout the fiscal year;
•Organizes courses, conferences, alumni and graduation events; confirms lecturers and guest speakers; assists with travel arrangements and itineraries.
•Reserves facilities and equipment, arranges catering, transportation and other maintenance issues.
• Monitors evaluation process. Collects various evaluations on behalf of the residents/fellows when they rotate through the affiliate sites after each rotation.
•Assists program director with completion of Annual Program Evaluation (APE) module in New Innovations and submits to the OAA by specified deadline.
• Compiles all required documents to ensure the Clinical Competence Committee (CCC) functions to the Program Requirements and standards of the Next Accreditation System.
• Manages annual residency and/or fellowship recruitment processes. Updates program via (AAMC) Fellowship and Residencies Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDA).
• Utilizes Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) software to manage residency applications Screens candidate files and provides files of those who meet hiring criteria to program director.
• Plans and executes all aspects of interview days to include scheduling of candidates and faculty interviewers and provision of all applicant materials to interviewers.
• Prepares information for ranking meeting and submits rank lists on the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
• Coordinates annual appointment, credentialing and on-boarding process for existing and new residents and fellows
• Prepares and processes all HR paperwork relating to request of additional positions, salary adjustments, etc.
• Assists applicants and trainees to ensure they effectively navigate all on-boarding processes. Submits required information including new hire files/paperwork and copies of application packages to Office of Academic Affairs. ·Maintains resident/fellow files via New Innovations
• Plan/Organize departmental orientation.
• Organizes medical student rotations
• Maintains professional expertise through attendance at professional meetings, review of current literature and contact with other GME professionals
•Attends Training Program Administrator’s meetings as scheduled by Office of Academic Affairs.
•Assists with Continuing Medical Education (CME) related activities
• Working knowledge of policies, procedures and systems related to Office of Academic Affairs, ACGME/AOA/CPME/CODA, ERAS and NRMP required.
• Working knowledge of NSLIJ Health System’s benefits provided to residents and fellows.
• Maintains all relevant online program and application sites including NMRP, ERAS, ACGME, AOA, etc.
of current accreditation, residency board, GME requirement for program
• Knowledgeable of the due process and remediation process
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of New Innovations or other residency management suite
• Training Administrators of Graduate Medical Education (TAGME) preferred
• Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education or related field preferred; preference will be given to applicants with a Master's degree.
• 3 years experience in program coordination and providing administrative support within a health care organization.