This is a program management position within the department of Graduate Medical Education and SOMIT, Emory University School of Medicine. The position is mainly responsible for directing and overseeing the implementation, user development and training, data management and data integrity of two web hosted data management systems, New Innovations (NI) and Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Through the use of data analysis and instructional technology, the position works across departments and programs within the School of Medicine and the greater Emory community to achieve desired educational outcomes. This position will utilize knowledge and skills acquired through continuous learning, both internal and external, to identify and deliver improved educational processes for 110+ Residency/Fellowship training programs.
Database Management, Trouble Shooting, and User Support
- Oversees the implementation, training, and data integrity of a Residency Management Software (New Innovations) used by Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs, Residents, Fellows, and Faculty users across the School of Medicine, Emory Healthcare, Grady, CHOA, VA and other member Institutions as an integral tool in the teaching and learning goals of Graduate Medical Education at Emory.
- Acts as the Institutional contact and database manager for the Electronic Residency Application Software (ERAS) which supports the application process for all associated Residency and Fellowship programs at Emory.
- Acts as the Incident Manager for both GME Databases (New Innovations and ERAS) and other GME data issues and needs
Training Delivery and Design
- Designs, implements, conducts and monitors department-specific training programs within GME. Evaluates the needs of all departments/programs and develops training to address those needs.
- Designs and delivers multiple remote trainings using Adobe Connect, Zoom, or other effective training platforms.
- Conducts departmental trainings covering New Innovations.
- Consistently explores new ways to leverage technology as a solution to complex GME problems.
Process Design, Implementation & Upgrades
- Analyzes and evaluates program processes. Works with Program Coordinators, Program Directors, Chief Residents, and Clinical Competency Committees to resolve RMS related issues and improve program processes and outcomes.
- Works with Program Directors, Clinical Competence Committee members, and Program Coordinators to improve the evaluation process and address assessment issues.
- Analyzes and tests upgrades to New Innovations RMS
- Works with GME and Program Leadership to explore internal and school-wide impact of upgrades on teaching/learning goals.
SOMITS Education Initiatives
- Provides the GME perspective to IT projects for the greater portfolio of the School of Medicine.
- Works with SOMITS and LITS data teams to manage data flow relationships from enterprise systems and dashboards to GME applications
- Supports the SOMITS Education team in testing support when needed
- Utilizes other available data management tools including but not limited to excel and google sheets to meet the operational, management, and leadership data reporting needs.
Please apply through the Emory University Career's website https://www.hr.emory.edu/careers/ and search for staff positions, job requisition #35988: https://staff-emory.icims.com/jobs/35988/educational-analyst-ii/job. https://www.hr.emory.edu/careers/