Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Division Director, GME
HCA Healthcare - Continental Division
HCA Graduate Medical Education is one of the nation’s largest providers of residency and fellowship training programs across the nation. With more than 203 programs across 21 specialties and 43 hospitals, HCA GME is building a leading network of innovative, patient-centered graduate medical education programs. We believe graduate medical education
is much more than medical training. Our goal is to inspire the next generation of physicians to care for and improve human life by focusing on patient-centered approaches to practicing the latest evidence-based medicine. HCA hospitals currently train more than 2,650 residents and fellows with that number growing to 5,500 by 2020.
In partnership with the Division Vice President of GME, the Division Director of Graduate Medical Education (DGME) is responsible for the strategic planning, leadership and management of the Graduate Medical Education (GME) service line in the Division. The Division DGME resolves complex issues and makes business decisions for the GME enterprise in the Division.
The role exists to direct the administrative operations and maintain appropriate oversight and management of all medical education programs in the Division.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to organize information
• Complex problem solving skills
• Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
• Ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple tasks and projects
• Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
• In-depth knowledge of ACGME requirements and operations.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and/or 4 years’ experience in a healthcare setting preferably medical education.
Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university and/or 7+ years’ experience in a healthcare setting with multiple GME programs
• Minimum of 7 years of graduate medical education experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education is required.