Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Neurosurgery Residency Coordinator
Desert Regional Medical Center, Inc.
Palm Springs, CA
The Residency Coordinator directs the day-to-day activities of the Neurosurgery Residency Programs, in conjunction with the physician program directors and GME office. Currently AOA accredited transitioning to ACGME, the programs is new and their first class matriculated July 2015.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Manages the recruiting
activities for the residency program.
• Manages Electronic Residency Application System for (ERAS) program applicants; provides access for faculty interviewers, screens candidate files.
• Plans and executes candidate interview days to include scheduling of candidates and faculty.
• Prepares and submits rank list by deadline date.
• Prepares and submits new hire paperwork for onboarding.
• Plans departmental orientation for each program.
• Provides assistance to the program directors to maintain current AOA accreditation, along with moving towards ACGME accreditation.
• Prepares materials for site visits.
• Updates AOA Opportunities website (currently); ADS for ACGME (future)
• Prepares required documents for internal reviews.
• Create and maintain resident didactic schedule including securing space, speakers, ordering food and documentation of attendance.
• Schedules in-service exams and proctors where applicable.
• Completes credentialing packets for off-site rotations.
• Arranges for appropriate elective rotations for residents.
• Populates evaluation tools in New Innovation which include resident evaluation of faculty, resident evaluation of rotation, faculty evaluation of resident, semi-annual evaluations of residents, evaluation of program by resident, evaluation of program by faculty, final written evaluations of residents and evaluations of residents by multiple evaluators.
• Attends monthly GMEC meeting and documents minutes.
• Schedules and attend CCC and PEC committee meetings and maintains documentation from each meeting.
• Creates and populates rotation schedule in New Innovations system for both programs.
• Runs gap reports on New Innovation.
Professional Support for Physician Program Director, Resident Physicians and GME Office
• Prepares required duty hour, evaluation, and procedure reports; analyzes data for resident compliance with process and for trainee and program compliance (AOA and ACGME).
• Prepares annual Opportunities (AOA) and GME Track online information on programs and residents.
• Documents verification of training for medical specialty boards for each resident as per the requirements of each specialty board.
• Maintains all alumni files.
• Updates information on residency website.
• Work Experience: At least 5 years of relevant work experience
• Specific Skills: Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration (Applicants with an acceptable combination of relevant experience and
education that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered).
• Experience working with Medical Residency programs highly desirable.
• Experience working with New Innovations or other residency management system highly desirable.
Primary Location: Palm Springs, California
Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Sherine Lazarow, EdD, MBA