Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Cardiology Fellowship Program Director
Carle Foundation Hospital
Carle’s Graduate Medical Education department is seeking a strong, collaborative physician leader to direct our efforts in developing Carle’s NEW Cardiology Fellowship program.
Position Details Include:
• Founding Program Director is responsible for developing and implementing the framework for the Cardiology Fellowship Program, including the initial accreditation process with the
goal of the first class starting in 2021.
• This unique and highly visible position, reports to the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) with additional reporting relationship to the Medical Director, Carle’s Heart and Vascular Institute.
• Program Director will have dedicated time for administrative, educational, strategic, and research initiatives and provide oversight and development of the Cardiology Fellowship program. In addition, the Program Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to develop and lead the fellowship program; approximately 70% clinical and 30% administrative.
• With over 20 years of GME, our institution has five high-quality, fully accredited residency training programs.
• Carle Foundation Hospital, Magnet designated and home the Carle Heart & Vascular Institute, will serve as the exclusive site for clinical training.
• Our growing Cardiology team includes 4 Interventional Cardiologists, 11 Non-Invasive Cardiologists, and 3 Electrophysiologists with 7 Advanced Practice Nurses whom work closely with the Cardiologists in all patient care activities.
• Nationally accredited programs in ECHO and vascular ultrasound.
• Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
• Preferred candidate must be board certified in Cardiology; Advanced Imaging or Non-Invasive Cardiology subspecialty desired.
• Minimum of 5 years faculty teaching experience with Cardiology Fellowship or Internal Medicine Residency required; academic leadership experience serving in assistant/associate or program director role preferred.
• Candidates with recent scholarly activity such
as peer-reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publications or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees and/or educational organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
Carle's state-of-the-art Heart and Vascular Institute is one of Illinois' largest heart institutes outside of Chicago, with eight catherization labs, the latest technology, and an environment for Carle and the University of Illinois to conduct research. The Heart and Vascular Institute is one of the only facilities in the region performing the transcatheter aortic valve replacement procedure (TAVR) and is poised to provide quality heart care to people in need throughout central Illinois.