Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Regional Hub Coordinator - 3rd/4th Year Students
MountainView Regional Medical Center
Las Cruces, NM
The Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM), a new private college of osteopathic medicine in Las Cruces, New Mexico, seeks applications from experienced and enthusiastic professionals for the position of Regional Hub Coordinators for the region of Las Cruces (NM). The Regional Hub Coordinator with the oversight and
direction from the third year clerkship coordinator will coordinate the clinical educational experience for students enrolled at Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine at the Regional Hub for their 3rd and 4th year. The coordinator will work collaboratively with the Regional Assistant Dean and office of Clinical Education to provide administrative support of coordinating schedules, evaluations and working with Preceptors. Additionally, the coordinator will participate in program related recruitment activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Regional Hub Coordinator is expected to perform the following tasks in his/her region.
• Preceptor recruitment
? Branding and networking of BCOM at appropriate and relevant hospital and Clinical entities
? Recruitment, record keeping and reporting of preceptor relationships to the Office of Clinical Education
? Ensure that proper, current and relevant credentialing documents are in place
• Facilitate & Coordinate completion of Affiliation Agreements
• Development of Hub Day on Campus
• Attend regularly-scheduled team meetings
• Provide administrative support, such as answering telephones; assisting students, employees and visitors; and resolving a range of administrative problems and inquiries
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements
• Serve as a liaison with other hospital/clinic and main BCOM campus
• Collaborate with other staff, faculty and other offices to resolve complex issues
• Collect and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare reports. Contribute to identifying trends, need analysis, participate in the implementation of Policy & Procedure
• Contribute to development of marketing materials and strategies, assist in planning and developing programming activities, outreach functions
• Provide advice to students on a range of issues, including, but not limited to, academic program policies, accessibility, facilitate housing options for students
• Serve as a subject matter resource to other departments; represent unit/department
• In cooperation with the office of Clinical Education develop & distribute third and fourth year schedules
• Oversee & coordinate regional student rotations at the Hub
• Manage the evaluation process of the students, faculty, & rotations at the Hub
• Proctor and administer the COMAT exams by following the NBOME Proctor Guidelines
• Other duties may also be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or three to five years of related experience, preferably in a
healthcare and/or education setting.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to organize information.
• Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
• Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
• Marketing and networking experience is an asset.