Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Project Specialist/ACGME Institutional Coordinator
Houston Methodist Hospital
The GME Project Specialist/ACGME Institutional Coordinator exists to ensure that the goals and objectives of the Graduate Medical Education Office are accomplished in regards to graduate medical education office responsibilities including accreditation activities and other duties as they relate to ACGME and non-ACGME programs. This position will work closely with
the Houston Methodist ACGME Designated Institutional Official (DIO) and the Director of Graduate Medical Education as well as each Program in staying abreast of residency program accreditation requirements. This position also provides primary support to the GME Committee and Subcommittees and works directly with the program directors and coordinators regarding ACGME and other residency accrediting body requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Work closely with PC’s, PD’s and as necessary program residents regarding compliance with program requirements.
2. Monitoring of all correspondence from the ACGME or other accrediting agencies and work with programs as necessary to respond to correspondence
3. Provide initial review of applications and materials for accreditation/continued accreditation for all (ACGME and non-ACGME) programs to ensure application completeness and compliance with program requirements.
4. Facilitate TMB approved fellowship process and maintain status log of such programs.
5. Coordinate and arrange for internal and special program reviews.
6. Compile Annual Program Reviews summaries
7. Coordinate activities/meetings, etc. related to institutional site visits, Self-Studies and CLER visits.
8. Facilitate and assist the Director of GME with the Adverse Academic Action Process.
9. Coordinate and facilitate orientation of incoming residents.
10. Coordinate/arrange annual graduation activities.
11. Support projects as assigned by the Director of GME and the VP, Education Administration in regards to assessment of programs, planning of activities related to accreditation requirements, and evaluation of programmatic needs across the education spectrum
Bachelor degree in related discipline
Knowledge of ACGME requirements and at least 2 years of experience in a GME Office or a GME related discipline. Experience in an academic medical center preferred.
Job Ref # 43930