Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Medical Education Coordinator, Family Medicine
Swedish Medical Center
Swedish Cherry Hill Family Medicine job opening:
Medical Education Coordinator - Family Practice Residents
Know someone who is a great fit? Submit a referral today!
: Full-time (FTE: 1)
Swedish Medical Center is looking for
a Medical Education Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Days) to work with the Family Practice Residency Program at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Medical Education Coordinator supports and coordinates the activities of medical education training and assists the Program Manager and Program Director in meeting and maintaining all of the standards and requirements of the accrediting bodies. Coordinates related visiting student rotations. Maintains confidential files related to training. At the system level, responsibilities also include supporting the residency organization, new resident orientation, recruitment, rotation scheduling, tracking, and related web-based applications and promotional materials.
In this position you will:
• Coordinate GME rotations with manager, medical or program director, and other parties as needed
• Coordinate or assist with recruitment, interviewing and selection of residents, fellows, externs, and visiting trainees. Tracks and provides recommendations for residents’ evaluation and, if necessary, disciplinary actions
• Collaborate with the faculty in preparing and submitting reports for accreditation, faculty appointments, and departmental functions
• Compile and maintain records of faculty and resident evaluations, performance appraisals, and clerkship records and evaluations
• Act as liaison between Clinic Managers and faculty/residents to minimize scheduling conflicts. Facilitates call and vacation scheduling as assigned
About the Swedish Family Medicine Residency at Cherry Hill
Founded in 1974, the Swedish Family Medicine Residency at Cherry Hill is one of the pioneering programs in Family Medicine. At its heart our program has a mission and a long tradition of training family doctors to work with underserved, economically disadvantaged, culturally diverse and disenfranchised communities. We provide evidence based, community oriented primary care with an emphasis on OB, Inpatient Medicine and Behavioral Health. The program operates as a partnership between faculty and residents with resident leadership at all levels from curriculum development to residency policies and clinic operations. We believe that empowered residents who fully participate in the design of the program, along with outstanding faculty teaching and mentorship, are the key to preparing graduates to practice in any setting: urban, rural or international, clinical or academic. We are the largest Family Medicine residency program in the five state WWAMI region and we attract over 1200 applicants annually for our 14 intern positions. The program includes 42 resident physicians, five fellows and 20 faculty. We are committed to working for social justice and antiracism. Swedish Family Medicine Residency at Cherry Hill is rated among the top 15 family medicine training programs in the nation.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s Degree and one (1) plus years of related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
• One (1) plus years working in a medically or educationally related field
• Medical terminology, editing and grammar skills, office procedure experience
of graduate medical education program requirements, excellent coordinator skills for people materials, and projects
• Excellent communication skills, flexibility, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Knowledge and experience with HTML/CSS
• Event planning and record maintenance