Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Director of CME
Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Ft. Smith, AR
The Director of CME will provide vision and oversight for all forms of faculty development and CME, including determining appropriate support, resources, programming, and training to facilitate faculty growth in all areas of their professional roles.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create a vision for faculty development within the context
of the college.
• Provide leadership in faculty development by designing, implementing, and assessing a comprehensive program of faculty development to assist faculty at all career stages.
• Plan, develop, and manage faculty initiatives incorporating the latest research in teaching and learning.
• Develop faculty development events, workshops, programs, seminars, faculty learning communities, and conferences designed to improve teaching and learning.
• Maintain an active calendar of faculty developments.
• Enhance individual teaching effectiveness by consulting with individual faculty to facilitate growth in appropriate pedagogy, curriculum design, and assessment of student learning.
• Provide classroom observation and feedback about teaching when requested.
• Create a culture of teaching excellence.
• Advocate for and work collaboratively to create a viable environment for the scholarship of teaching and learning.
• Responsible to stay current in the field of teaching and learning, maintain a personal scholarly agenda.
• Provide close mentorship to new faculty during their first year.
• Consult with department chairs and Deans regarding faculty development needs and issues.
• Ensure the provision of programs, workshops, trainings, faculty learning communities, or other developmental resources that facilitate faculty growth in the primary roles, as assessed by the faculty evaluation system.
• Maintain AOA and ACCME accreditation with commendation; establish new and updated policies, procedures and practices as needed to maintain accreditation.
• Direct the overall educational program for the CME office and maintain the vision and strategic plan.
• Conduct needs assessments and gap analyses, apply principles of adult education to CME design, and develop educational outcomes measurement tools and processes to assist college physicians in delivering the best quality of care to patients.
• Strive to maintain CME as a profit center through new and innovative funding mechanisms.
• Provide expertise and recommendations to faculty, medical education company partners, and other educational partners in the design of innovative educational programs.
• Attend all CME conferences required to maintain accreditation.
• Other duties as requested and/or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Demonstrated leadership, productivity and administrative experience in a clinical, professional, research or educational settings.
• Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of CME accreditation policies and procedure.
degree in a relevant field
• Three (3) years’ experience as a full-time CME administrator at a College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Allopathic Medicine, Academic Health Care Teaching Center or Graduate Medical Education program.
• Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, medical research or education.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of required materials in various teaching environments affiliated with CME activities.
• Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum template and educational formats.
• Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate CME participants and faculty.
• Demonstrate a depth of knowledge in one or more of the medical, psychological, or social disciplines required for the education of medical students, the practice of medicine, the advancement of medical knowledge and research.
• Demonstrate leadership skills, organizational skills, delegation skills, and time management skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge of ACCME and AOA CME processes.
To learn more or to apply, visit http://acheedu.org/employment-opportunities/ and click on this position title.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.
Sheila HR Manager