Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Educational Specialist II
Baylor College of Medicine
Under the direction of the Graduate Medical Education Director of Administrative Operations, the Education Program Specialist facilitates program administration for the Central Education department and administratively supports operations to satisfy accreditation standards. This position works with a high level of autonomy and must exercise discretion with high volumes
of complex, confidential information. A proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes is essential to this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
• Provides orientation to faculty, trainees, residents, and fellows.
• Serves as liaison to course/program directors, faculty, and staff in identifying areas of need in the academic education process.
• Maintains day to day administration of the ACGME and TMB residency training programs.
• Administratively supports the course/program directors.
• Manages the various system applications utilized in medical education departments (i.e. MedHub, SAP, E-Value, etc.).
• Provides course/program materials and other resources on matters relating to
• medical education.
• Advises and assists course/program directors with the facilitation of course/program objectives.
• Assists with annual budget planning and analysis.
• Ensures program, student, and departmental needs are met, resources are identified, and recommendations are implemented for improvements or enhancements.
• Serves as the administrator for one or more medical school subcommittees.
• Organizes and prepares for resident or fellow/faculty/program/course evaluations including bi-annual performance/course reviews.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Instructional Technology/Design, or closely related field. Experience in an academic medical center may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Experience: Two years of relevant experience in an Academic Medical Center.
Certification/Licenses/Registration: None required.