Improving Health Care through Medical Education
Past Event Photos
Post a Position
Post a Position
Assistant DIO for Graduate Medical Education
Hackensack University Medical Center
Assistant DIO at Ocean Medical Center a member of Hackensack Meridian Health.
1. Assist in the day-to-day functions and operations of the office of the DIO, liaising closely with administrative staff and leadership.
2. Assist in obtaining and maintaining institutional and program accreditation in order to ensure exceptional education for
our residents and fellows.
3. Provide operational oversight of program accreditation, including monitoring program quality, measuring compliance with ACGME and institutional reporting requirements, including annual program evaluations.
4. Uses assessment and tracking systems to define and implement solutions and improvements at the institutional level and to assist in program-level improvement of educational quality and accreditation.
5. Provides oversight and leadership in the special review process.
6. Facilitates an integrated approach to addressing the CLER pathways as defined by ACGME.
7. Advocates for and pursues action to promote a non-punitive environment free from intimidations, retaliation, and learner mistreatment or neglect.
8. Serves as a resource to residents, programs, and others for achieving culture change and innovation to support improvements in the learning environment. Attend committee meetings related to the GME, including GMEC, program director conferences, and other meetings as identified by the DIO.
9. Assist in planning the annual Program Directors Conference and other GME faculty development activities.
•Master's Degree or higher with evidence of experience with ACGME.
•Experience in medical education administration/educational leadership positions and teaching resident and/or fellows.
•Strong oganizational and managerial skills
•Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
David Kountz, MD