Under the direct supervision of the Division Administrator, provides administrative support for activities related to departmental fellowship and educational programs.
• Fellow Selection - Prepares and facilitates requirements for first, second and third year fellows in accordance with the Accreditation for Continuing Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) guidelines. Work with ERAS system (Electronic Residency Application System) for processing applications. Screen fellowship applications, arrange and coordinate interviews with the interview committee.
• Fellow Onboarding - Prepares credentialing for all Fellows in the department. Coordinate the appointment process and maintain a system for ensuring that new incoming fellows have submitted all necessary documents for credentialing to the Housestaff offices at NYU, Bellevue, and the Manhattan VA in time for their start dates. Prepare orientation packets for new fellows and assist the Program Director with new fellow orientation.
• Program Support - Provide administrative support services to the Program Director to facilitate the efficient operation of the Medical Education office. Ensures that all support functions for the Program Director are completed on a daily basis. Plans and coordinates interrelated activities effectively and efficiently according to schedule. Handles confidential matters with appropriate discretion and urgency. Facilitates petty cash reimbursements; prepares and processes Purchase Requisitions, Check Requests, IOIs and related invoices to all areas of the medical education programs. Prepares and updates the academic calendar for the program. Coordinates all fellowship conference activities including but not limited to core lectures and journal club. Collaborate with the Chief Fellow to create and maintain fellow schedules and track vacation time throughout the academic year. Act as a resource to departmental leadership and faculty for any residency/fellowship program administration needs.
• Communication - Ensure effective communications with Housestaff Offices, staff members involved with fellow education, and fellows. Screens, monitors and disseminates communication, including mail, phone, and other inquiries both internally and externally. Develops and oversees phone and pager systems to ensure efficient and timely management of communications among the house staff and attending. Makes timely recommendations on process improvements as appropriate, to encourage an efficient, supportive environment conducive to learning and growth.
• Collaboration - Makes requests to, and interacts with other departments within the NYU School of Medicine, Bellevue and other related hospitals. Allows the other departments sufficient time to reply; in turn, responds quickly in order to ensure efficient coordination of activities. Prepares all materials in an appropriate and efficient manner through the efficient utilization of computer, further develops computer skills.
• Maintenance of Data - Sets up and maintains documentation and complex records for the program. Maintains records in an organized and up-to-date manner; utilizes a filing system which allows for a prompt retrieval of all information. Completes filing accurately and promptly. Maintains information for the Medical Education Office in accordance with policy. Uses appropriate systems to maintain this data where applicable. Learn and work with the New Innovations application for collecting and recording required residency data. Manage the collection and entry of required data points including duty hours and procedure logs in New Innovations. Survey current/potential fellows and analyze data on program feedback for quality improvement and control.
• Evaluation Process - Manage the internal and ACGME annual evaluations of the fellowship program by faculty and fellows. Review, update and revise evaluation tools in New Innovations used for faculty to evaluate fellows, fellows to evaluate faculty and the fellowship program to remain in compliance with the ACGME guidelines. Assist the Program Director in the completion of annual ACGME requirements including Milestones, Web Ads, Program Manual and Annual Program Evaluation.
• Program Liasion - Act as a liaison to the House Staff central office. Attend monthly institutional residency/fellowship program meetings to stay informed of institutional requirements for assisting in the administration of fellowship training programs.
• Non-ACGME Fellowship – Prepare and facilitate the management of fellows in the non-ACGME accredited program; including but not limited to assisting with credentialing through the Medical Staff Office, submission of reimbursements, maintain compliance with ABIM and GME, and any other additional tasks pertinent to the non-ACGME program.
• Additional responsibilities – Coordinate the rotation of all in-rotators and medical students applying to the Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology. Ensure all required documents are complete and submitted to the GME and UME office prior to the deadline. Communicate with faculty and fellows regarding the schedules for the in-rotators and medical students. Serve as the point of contact for all involved parties.... More >><< Less