With oversight and direction from the Program Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational and financial management of the accredited Residency training program. The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of national accreditation policies and hospital policies, as well as a high-degree of initiative and independent judgment.
The Program Coordinator will continually assess and direct a wide range of programmatic issues including long range planning, recruiting trainees, developing projects, analyzing administrative workflow, maintaining databases, communicating with faculty and trainees regarding a range of issues, and managing internal and external program relations.
· Provides support and meets regularly with the Program Director concerning office management issues and activities and the status of projects. Identifies and evaluates the methods for improving workflow and cost effectiveness and makes recommendations to the Training Director for improvement.
· Interprets and applies national accrediting agencies compliance. Provides both administrative supervision and support to residents. Acts as a liaison between residents and hospital administration when necessary. Establishes relationships and acts as a liaison to other Hospitals, internal departments, and divisions regarding resident recruitment, orientation, annual program Affiliation Agreements, and external rotations.
· Oversees and implements all department-level trainee orientation.
· Tracks, reports, and ensures compliance with procedures regarding licensing, moonlighting, duty hours, annual contracts, and initial and re-credentialing of trainees. Manages materials for specialty-specific trainee exams and may assist with proctoring exams.
· Develops, implements, and oversees the maintenance of filing, record keeping, distribution of materials, and other types of office/program systems. Evaluates and standardizes office procedures and effectively troubleshoots and resolves issues. Maintains databases with resident and faculty data, including New Innovations and/or Med Hub. Manages the evaluative processes of the trainees, program, faculty, and rotations.
· Plans departmental annual events including recruitment, orientation, graduation, faculty retreats, as well as various meetings and program-related events. Organizes meetings and prepares and distributes materials for conferences and lectures.
· Creates and/or maintains external program advertising/media through websites, publications and other such media. Maintains program’s website.
· Maintains the ERAS database (Electronic Residency Application System) and oversees its processes during the Residency Recruitment season. Performs all Match responsibilities and corresponds with newly matched residents about requirements and process for appointment to the hospitals. In applicable programs, assists with quota review and rank list entry and certification in NRMP (National Residency Matching Program).
· Tracks and processes paperwork for all visas; Verifies trainees’ status and activities as needed.
· Assists in the preparation for site visits and internal reviews.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Director or GME Director.
Develops, monitors and reports on the training program budget. Works with the business manager and/or Administrative Director to ensure accuracy of monthly budget statements and develops yearly residency budget. Responsible for recurring purchase orders for the residency program, processing all check requests, and paying bills associated with the program’s activities. May be responsible for management of grants awarded to individual residents.... More >><< Less